|Wheely Bug Specs||Small||Large|
Have they been safety tested?
Wheelybugs are certified tested to EU, US, and AU/NZ standards. The testing is repeated bi annually. Additionally we have our PU material tested continuously.
How much can it carry, can I sit on it?
The maximum recommended rider weight is 25kg; however each wheel is rated at 30kg giving a total safe working load of 120kg!! Adults can happily take a spin on them, or they make a very handy low mobile stool!
Can they be used outside?
Any smooth, flat surface is suitable. However keep them away from dirt or sand as this can get into the castors and slow them down. Also do not leave the toy outside in the rain or direct sunshine for long periods as this can damage the surfaces.
Can they be used on pavements?
They will run on pavements but the castors may become damaged in time. Don’t worry, replacements can be purchased from us.
Will they run on carpet?
Obviously it is slower going on carpet, but your child will get a good work out!
How do I look after my Wheely Bug?
A wipe down of the covering with diluted Eucalypt oil on a regular basis helps keep the PU covering pliable. Regularily clean casters from hair or other debris to ensure smooth running. Handle bolts should be checked for fastness regularly.
What are the do’s and don’ts for Wheelybugs?
- Children should only use the toy under adult supervision.
- For use only by children able to walk unassisted. Should not be used as an aid or support for walking
- Ride on toys can tip over on surfaces that are not flat. The toy should be used only on smooth, level, dry surfaces.
- Do not allow children to use on or near hills, inclines, steps, bridges or near a swimming pool or other body of water.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Only one rider at a time. Multiple riders can cause tipping over
- Do not allow a child to stand on the seat. The Wheel bug should be ridden with both feet on the ground.
- It is important to check that the handle and wheel bolts are tight before using the toy. A loose or detached handle or wheel can make the toy unstable.
- Maximum rider weight recommended is 25kg or 50lbs.
- Clean with soap and water, protect with diluted Eucalypt oil. Never use polishes, abrasive cleaners or steel wool. Strong solvents eg acetone, can damage the surface. Exposure to sunlight for long periods can result in colour fading. Don’t leave out in the open. Keep sharp points away from the covering.
Unlike other Ride-on Toys
A disadvantage of most other ride-on toys is the fact that, unlike the Wheely Bug, they are not on castors. Therefore, inferior ride-ons are more likely to get stuck when faced with an obstacle. Not so with the Wheely Bug. Aside from its cute, adorable image, the castors are its best feature. Wheely Bugs can move in any direction - forwards, backwards, sideways, round and round. They allow the Wheely Bug to spin at 360 degrees, making escape from a tight space easy.
Great for Wooden and Laminate Flooring
These days, many people have wooden and laminate flooring in their homes. It is on these types of surfaces that the Wheely Bug is in its element. It is also great on tiled floors. However, whilst it will still work on carpeted floors, the Wheely Bug will never reach its full potential. It is also an indoor toy - its wheel are simply not geared (nor are they meant to be) towards outdoor use.
The Wheely Bug screams quality. It is stylish and very well made. Unlike most other toys, the Wheely Bug looks good as it sits proudly in
the corner of the room. In fact, it will quickly become part of the furniture. It is made from high quality components and has won multiple
awards. The spongy seat is comfortable and made from pvc-free polyurethane leathroid. This means that it is very easy to wipe clean. The base
is made from plantation grown poplar plywood and the handle is aluminium. The feelers are produced from stainless steel springs and are
practically impossible to pull out. Younger children will enjoy watching them spring back and forth.
In fact, the Wheely Bug is so robust it is hard to imagine a child being able to break it at all. Wheely Bugs have a long life span. When the plastic cars and trikes are cracked, worn and broken, the superior Wheely Bug will still be going strong. It will last and last for all your children and beyond.